Kids' Surf Camp: August 14 - 18 AM Session 2017
Kids’ Surf Camp is the perfect way for new surfers to learn and progress in the sport alongside their friends. The camp is designed to introduce kids (age 6-16) to surfing in a safe and fun environment. No experience necessary and all equipment is included!
AM Sessions run from 9:30 - 11:30 am
*By purchasing this registration, you are agreeing to the following release:
2. All references to, covenants by, waivers and releases by, and affirmations by "Renter/Participant" herein shall include and be binding on "Parent/Guardian" in all instances unless expressly stated otherwise.
3. Renter/Participant accepts for use "AS IS" the equipment listed on this form and accepts full responsibility for its care while it is in his/her possession. He/she will be responsible for the replacement at full retail value of any equipment rented under this agreement unless the equipment is returned to Summer Sessions Surf Shop after the lesson. Failure to promptly return rented equipment by the time specified may result in criminal prosecution and full retail charge. Renter/Participant agrees to inspect the equipment before each use and will not use the equipment if any parts are worn, missing or damaged. Renter/Participant agrees that he/she is solely responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment, reasonable wear and tear excepted. Renter/Participant shall defend, indemnify and hold Summer Sessions Surf Shop harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses arising from or related to Renter/Participant's lease, use, misuse, and possession of the equipment.
4. Renter/Participant acknowledges, understands and agrees that surfing, bodyboarding, skimboarding, ocean kayaking, swimming and other ocean sports (collectively "ocean sports") are INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS activities, and that injuries to any or all parts of body are a COMMON AND ORDINARY CONSEQUENCE of such activities. Renter/Participant freely accepts and assumes all risks of injury or death that may occur while using the equipment and/or while participating in a lesson, and agrees to hold Summer Sessions Surf Shop and its members, Managers, employees, agents, parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries harmless for any injuries or other losses stemming from the same.
5. Renter/Participant acknowledges, understands and agrees that all types of ocean sports are hazardous sports and accepts and assumes the foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks of ocean recreation including but not limited to: changing weather conditions; tidal conditions; wildlife-related hazards; ocean debris (both naturally occurring and man-made); rocks; plants; driftwood; posts and piers; breakwaters; sea floor; boats; commercial and recreational fishing equipment; natural and man-made undersea debris; ocean sporting equipment; changing wave conditions; collisions with others; and the Renter/Participant's failure to participate within his/her own individual ability. In using equipment and participating in ocean sports, such dangers are recognized and accepted whether they are marked or unmarked, warned or unwarned. Renter/Participant realizes that falls and collisions and other accidents do occur and that serious injury or death may result and, therefore, assumes the burden of being in control at all times.
6. Renter/Participant attests that he/she knows of no condition, medical or otherwise, that precludes him/her from participating in any ocean sport. Renter/Participant certifies that he/she is in excellent health and knows of no impediment to his/her participating in ocean sports.
7. Renter/Participant agrees and acknowledges that he/she is able to swim for more than 30 minutes unaided and to carry a surfboard and other equipment that may weigh as much as 100 pounds.
8. Renter/Participant agrees and acknowledges that all of his/her own equipment has been carefully inspected by him/her and is in good working order.
9. Renter/Participant agrees to follow the directives of Summer Sessions Surf Shop, and its agents, employees, instructors, volunteers, contractors, directors, officers, owners, subsidiaries, and parent companies, and to at all times use due care in avoiding injury to himself/herself and others.
10. RENTER/PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PREDICT EVERY SITUATION OR FORM IN WHICH NATURAL, MAN-MADE, AND/OR EQUIPMENT-RELATED HAZARDS WILL PRESENT THEMSELVES, AND RELEASES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SUMMER SESSIONS SURF SHOP, AND ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, INSTRUCTORS, VOLUNTEERS, CONTRACTORS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND PARENT COMPANIES FOR ANY FAILURE TO WARN OR RESCUE.
11. RENTER/PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS THAT THE EQUIPMENT IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO ENSURE HIS/HER SAFETY AND RELEASES ALL CLAIMS FOR THE SAME.
12. RENTER/PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT SUMMER SESSIONS SURF SHOP, ITS EMPLOYEES, ITS INSTRUCTORS, ITS PARENTS, AND/OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS/HER SAFETY WHILE ENGAGED IN THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE EQUIPMENT OR WHILE ENGAGING IN OCEAN SPORTS, AND AGREES TO HOLD THEM HARMLESS FOR ANY INJURIES WHICH MAY RESULT.
13. Renter/Participant HEREBY RELEASES AND HOLDS HARMLESS Summer Sessions Surf Shop and its members, Managers, employees, instructors, agents, volunteers, contractors, directors, officers, owners, subsidiaries and parent companies FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND EXPENSES for damage, injury, and/or death resulting from the use, misuse, and possession of equipment whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, as well as for any consequences which may flow from participation in ocean sports. Renter/Participant accepts for himself/herself full responsibility for the selection, adjustment and use of the equipment, and holds himself/herself solely responsible for any and all damage, injury or death of any kind which may result from its use or misuse. "Damage, injury or death" as contemplated by this paragraph shall include, but not be limited to, that experienced by the Renter/Participant, third parties, or any other individuals whatsoever.
14. Renter/Participant has made no misrepresentations to Summer Sessions Surf Shop or its employees, instructors, agents, volunteers, contractors, directors, officers, owners, subsidiaries or parent companies regarding his/her height, weight, age, swimming ability or experience, surfing ability or experience, physical health or physical capabilities.
15. Renter/Participant agrees that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms shall continue to be in full force and effect. The offending provision shall be severed from this release and shall be null, void and of no further force or effect.
16. Renter/Participant agrees that this agreement shall be binding upon any other persons, including family members, heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns, and representatives.
17. RENTER/PARTICIPANT RECOGNIZES, ACKNOWLEDGES, AGREES, AND ACCEPTS THAT ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE AND THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED BY SUMMER SESSIONS SURF SHOP.
18. This release shall be governed by and be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire without regard to the conflict of law principles thereof. The courts sitting in the State of New Hampshire shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising under this agreement and/or the relationship between Renter/Participant and Summer Session Surf Shop.
19. This release contains the entire understanding of the parties hereto and supersedes any previous agreements between the parties which may conflict in any way. This release is effective immediately upon execution by the renter/participant and shall continue until revoked in writing.
20. If a parent or guardian is representing on behalf of a minor, that parent or guardian accepts full responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of the minor's use or misuse of the rental equipment and/or participation in lessons or ocean sports. THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY SUMMER SESSIONS SURF SHOP, ITS EMPLOYEES, ITS AGENTS, ITS INSTRUCTORS, ITS VOLUNTEERS, ITS CONTRACTORS, ITS DIRECTORS, ITS OFFICERS, ITS OWNERS, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES FOR ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY OR ON BEHALF OF THE MINOR, OR AGAINST THE MINOR FOR USE OR MISUSE OF THE EQUIPMENT OR HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN OCEAN SPORTS.
21. THE RENTER/PARTICIPANT IS OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OR, IF NOT, HAS HAD THIS RELEASE EXECUTED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, THE RENTER/PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE HAS READ AND UNDERSTANDS ALL TERMS OF THIS RENTAL AND RELEASE AGREEMENT, AND AGREES TO BE BOUND THEREBY.